A Kiss

A kiss down by the riverside,
When the waterspouts
Come to life
Across the evergreen stride.
A kiss with your mouth open wide,
With noses nuzzling
And lying on foliage, rustling,
With nothing to hide.

A kiss beneath the harvest moon,
In the wheat and the rye,
When pixies spiral to an eventide rune
'Til the morning Phoenix soars by.
A kiss during a fiery noon
In the fields of midday bloom
And so sings the loon
While petals rise from the gloom.

A kiss, for birds to sing,
For the winter to turn to spring,
A kiss on a burning bee sting
From a blind girl to a King.
An exchange of bliss,
A kiss,
To melt a world of snow
In a breath of warmed mist.

- K. Jared Hosein


1 comment:

  1. I recorded this one on Audacity, I didn't like how it sounded though, but reading it out loud, I think I got the full gist of its beautiful imagery and I could feel that burning. -_- And then I got depressed because I'm forever alone and am getting no kisses atm. -_-

    ReplyDelete